Friday, July 18, 2008

Help is still needed!

There are two of my projects up on the Peace Corps website right now and you can donate to them over the internet!

One is my community aqueduct that is desperately in need of money. We have been ready for construction for months, but cannot begin without money! Click the link below or the one on the right sidebar to learn about the project or to donate. I am asking for a small portion of the total project cost, just to get a start!

Donate to my Community Aqueduct!

The second is a youth camp that I am involved with. It is scheduled to take place on August 29-31 but will not happen unless all the money requested on the Peace Corps website is donated in time! Click the link below to learn about the project or to donate.

Only a little over a month left to make sure this camp happens! Help!

Donate to "Celebrando Cibao" Leadership and Youth Camp!

With each of these website donation links, the problem is that we will not receive a dime of this money until the full amount requested has been donated. That is to say, don't be bashful! Don't be shy and think that your contribution won't do enough and you shouldn't even donate. A full day of physical labor in the fields with a machete is valued at just over US$7 in my campo. So literally donating enough for a taxi out to the bar or a footlong sub will be equal to a man chopping and sweating all day. We have it a bit easier in the states, spread the wealth!

Thanks guys. Take this chance to donate some modest amount from your life and directly see and read the results of what you donated right here on this blog!

1 comment:

Bryan Enslein said...

I'm not gonna lie, the black background is not making me want to give money. I'd honestly stay with a green or some pastel maybe. It makes everything look a lot nicer. Also you need a facebook page so more people know about this thing. I'll set one up for you if you want just let me know. Hope things are still going well down there and your making due with your gimp leg. I just went to my first pc meeting yesterday and it was pretty good! I say you just get some huge projects started in that village of yours and I'll just take over in a year. I'm thinking water running in every house, a sweet community pool, a couple water slides and also a community fountain. I'll draw up some sketches if you aprove. Hope all is well and be safe!